Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Still Raining, No Umbrella



Last month was certainly the worst financial month of my adult life. Money kept getting sucked out by the vacuum of necessity, but life just couldn't seem to put it back fast enough. Had to dip into savings to pay bills, but I had high hopes for the month of March. Most of my big expenses were taken care of in February, and my optimistic stupidity failed to foresee any big situation smashing my wallet to shards. Of course, that's when life gets you the best, when your back is turned and your chin is up.

If you didn't read the Facebook posts, I ended up owing the government around 1100 dollars for taxes. Not back taxes, just regular old, run-of-the-mill taxes. What baffles me is the fact that I claim 0, and am pretty sure I'm below the poverty line. If I'm not below then I must be straddling the darn thing because I'm certainly not above it. So now the government gets more of my hard earned money. Well, I take it back. The government gets money I have not earned yet, and will have to earn to pay them off. Sad, but this is life.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Graduate school, and at the moment the answer seems to stand as the pivot point for how happy I'll be in the coming months. Naaaahhh. If you know me you know I can't look, act, or be sad for longer than a couple of days, but it would be a nice boost to all things Jeremie if I hear back with a yes! Plus Bike and Build is still coming up (and yes I still need donations so click here to help out a great cause) so at least my summer will be amazing! I DO believe the answer to grad school will be yes. Why else would they take longer than they said they would to respond? Obviously because they're writing a nifty acceptance letter. Duh!

Welp that's all for now folks. As usual, thanks for listening with your eyes. Until we meet again.

PS: Here's a link to a video of me doing the impossible. breaking eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment