Friday, July 19, 2013

Bike and Blog - Half the Miles in the Bag

So far everything is still relatively smooth with the trip. Bike and Build prom is coming up, and it's been hilarious hearing all the different ways people get asked. Half the people were given a name and had to ask that person out, the other half were askees and had to wait around to be asked. I was an askee, and Ian was my asker. He recorded a song on Joey's computer, singing an ode to me to ask me to prom. It was pretty funny. Hopefully I'll be able to get it and post it on here. Mike also made a song for Zoe that was pretty good, David spelled out PROM in dandelions for Dandy, and Molly and Clair created a survivor game for Kosta. A bunch of them have been good but that's all I can remember.



We crossed into South Dakota a few days ago. So far it's been a lot prettier than I imagined it would be. On our first day, we went to an Ol time soda shop that had some delicious soda (even though I don't drink soda I got a chocolate soda and a mini banana split).




The scenery has been breathtaking (at least I'm pretty sure it's the scenery taking away my breath and not all the pedaling). I'm really hoping we can go to the Badlands but I hear it's not going to happen. We'll have to wait and see though.







I also have a cold now so I've felt a bit dehydrated, but hopefully it'll pass soon. Recently we've been getting up at 4:30 to help stay out of the heat, but today it seemed like a waste. Wasn't that hot and we only went 87 miles. Tomorrow is 95 though and another 4:30 wake up. Wish me luck.



Hope you enjoyed the pictures. If you want to see any others just shoot me an email. Welp that's all for now, so thanks for listening with your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment