Friday, January 8, 2010

Is the world this boring?

In the age we live in, hobbies and recreation seems to be diminishing. I'm not a health nut, or a recreation center employee with a grudge (though I do try to stay fit and eat right), but enough is enough people. The world is a vast space with endless possibilities (and by endless, I mean we're limited by lots of things, and its our job to find a way around the limits), and I think its time to go out and do something.

Stop and think about how you spend your day. Is Twitter really that entertaining? How many times do you have to tell the world that your bored, or that your boyfriend is wonderful, or that squirrels climb trees, or that ice cream is cold? I'm not angry with Twitter, and I'm not jealous of the success of others, but am I the only one who thinks there should be more to a social networking sight than status updates (sound like a Facebook rip off without all the good? Well I'm glad you have ears).

I'm with your mom when she used to tell you to go outside and stay out of trouble. If your not the outdoorsy type (which I'm not, and probably why I'm being lazy and writing a blog instead of doing something productive) then get a hobby. Write a poem, read a book (I write if your looking for an excuse to criticize me), do a cartwheel, find something fun to do that doesn't involve staring at a screen for 23 hours of the day...just my opinion. Any comments?

1 comment: