Monday, April 25, 2011

Iowanna do that - Child's Play

So Things keep getting funnier and funnier. The team isn’t falling apart just yet but there’s enough tension to hold up a roof. There are definitely a lot of people talking behind other people’s backs. Of course I choose to stay out of that, but whadya know, people talk about me behind my back too. A friend from the program will call me every week or so and ask me what’s going on with specific team mates. The friends go on to tell me that people on my team have been talking about me behind my back. Being the happy-go-lucky, brown, round smiley face that I am, I laugh. Even if I wasn’t so carefree and nonchalant with my feelings toward how people view me, I think I would still think the people and their mouths are childish. I remember being back in elementary school and hearing through the grape-vine about how much Big Timmy didn’t like me. He would always talk about putting sour milk rags in my desk, or honey on my headphones, or bees in my briefs, or other random unkind things. But he never really did it, I don’t think. I did have some bees in my socks a few times so maybe he just got the wrong undergarment. But any who, I guess Big Timmy lives on through the tongues of some of my teammates. Guess the difference is that Timmy actually grew up. Still just funny to know that people talk about me behind my back and I still haven’t heard it from the horse’s mouth. I’m sure that statement will be misinterpreted by someone. At the end of the day, I will forever be me and not care what the people say. Let them talk. They have mouths, and if they choose to waste their time and energy on little old me, than that’s their decision. I’ll continue to stay purposefully and intentionally unaware and uncaring. How much money do you want to bet that someone will think I care because I wrote such a large section in my blog. Teehee, think what you want. I don’t care about that though either.

On to bigger and better things though. I had lots of fun in Chicago with my girlfriend these past few weekends. It was great to just get away from the tiny house I’m living in and just hang out with nothing urgent to do. I definitely missed my bus home once, but everybody makes mistakes, yes even me. Now I know you guys think I’m perfect, but, well never mind. I won’t tell you I’m not haha. I kidding. I’ll definitely miss it when I head out to Minnesota in the next few weeks (If I didn’t tell you that, than yeah I’m going there next). Guess it’s cool to see the growth in my relationship, but none of you can see that so I won’t really talk about it. Bah we’re team amazing haha.

I”ve tried lots of new food these past few weeks and it feels good to say I’ve eaten some exotic things. Guess I’m on my way to making my Palate the best that it can be. Doubt it’ll matter in the long run, but it’s another goal to try and achieve. I’m just going to attribute my awesome eating choices to how in-shape I’ve been recently. Not to toot my own horn, but hey there just so happens to be a horn hanging out the side of my mouth so tooty toot toot. But yeah I can run like eight million miles now and barely be tired. Woot woot call me an owl cause that’s a hoot. If you know anything about my previous exercise habits, cardio wasn’t my thing. I was more into weight lifting. Sadly I’ve also lost a lot of weight. Sob sob what shall I do now that my chest doesn’t bounce as high and my arms don’t bulge as far. I mean I don’t even need a bra anymore. Or a bro. Whatever invention it is that is used for large breasted men. Sadness all around. I'll be aight though.

2 comments:

  1. Bah, so I definitely read this a few days after you first wrote it, so I'll be brief in my comment:

    1) Your team is redonkulous and maybe someday they'll grow up, who knows, lol.
    2) Yay for our relationship and it truly standing the test of us being apart from one another. I'm gonna miss seeing you every weekend! You spoiled me, hehe.
    3) Woot for trying new foods! I can't wait 'til you're here in Chicago again so you can continue to try even more.
    4) Your body looks amazing, babyo, so don't be sad about losing a few pounds. After AmeriCorps, I'm sure you'll be back in the gym, lifting and being a happy camper all over again, lol.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) haha probs not while I know em
    2) lol sorry...and yea I miss you soo much already and it's only been like a week or two.
    3) righ!!!
    4) hopefully...oh well...im not tripping

    ReplyDelete