Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Frugal Guy: Swaddle Blankets

Hey everybody.  I've been blessed to receive more products to test, and these are specifically for the little Guy.  These swaddle blankets were sent to me from Asani (the company that provided the boppy pillow and the segmented glass containers) through MLC distribution.  Click here or here to visit my previous post about those items.

Since these are swaddle blankets, they're designed to wrap up a baby as opposed to lay flat across them for warmth.  As such, swaddle blankets really shouldn't be heavy, though some can be depending on the company.  I'm not a huge fan of heavy blankets. They can lead to the baby overheating, but these from Asani are a great thickness (assuming the baby's crib isn't outdoors). They have the right amount of stretch to aid in the swaddle process. They breathe pretty well too, so if he were to somehow get this up and over his face he may not be in any danger (though, I'm not taking any chances and testing that idea).



Some swaddle blankets are basically just blankets that are easy to fold, but they don't necessarily stay on the baby if he's moving around a lot.  Mr. Paul is almost always kicking or waving his hands, so blankets tend to come undone unless I have the perfect wrap (which I rarely do since I'm new to all this). These Asani blankets stretch pretty well so I can wrap and worry less (they aren't elastic or anything so it's not stretchy like a rubber band, just not rigid like a regular blanket).

They're also large (48x48) so we should be able to use them for a good long while.



As far as the quality goes, they're 100% cotton, so they'll lose some threads after multiple washes. We washed these before using them and two out of the three came out looking perfect. The third had a single loose string, which overall isn't bad (it wasn't a run or anything that indicated it would create lasting damage). That's just after one wash so I can't say how they'll hold up with multiple washes, but I'm confident they'll do just fine.

If you're in the market for a good quality swaddle blanket that won't overheat your baby, check these out on Amazon and give them a try.  Click here to go to the product page.  Thanks again for reading and don't hesitate to let me know of any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment