Friday, June 7, 2013

Bike and Blog - Yank My Chain (Part 2)

So I was going to wait until I actually started the trip, but meh I wanted to write one more post before I go.

I never realized how hard it would be to leave a job, but this last week has been tough. It's been weird walking through the gym and seeing members that I don't really know that still wish me luck on my trip. It's been sad knowing that my regulars will no longer be my regulars (whether it's a member that decided to start working out with me in the last month, or whether it's my regulars that have been with me since the beginning, it sucks having to say goodbye). Though, I will say that it's been great knowing that I'll never have to bother another guy about dead lifting, cleans, or plyometrics again.

I had to forego my sensitivity to germs (not germaphobia!!!) and give hugs to sweaty members after a good class because it might have been the last time I saw some of them. Even co-workers were giving out hugs and I loved every second of it (even with you Ali lol). Wish I could stay with the Planet forever, but a guy's got to do what a guy's got to do (sorry for the lameness of that).

Of course it wouldn't be an event unless one of my longest running members gave me a gift, (picture) and my coworker even painted me a picture (picture 2). It's been an awesome year and a half and it's been a blessing working with everyone at the gym. I can't wait until our paths cross again.

"How blessed I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

(The member gave me a card, a buttload of candy, and a 15 dollar subway gift card. Too nice to me!)


(Ana painted me a picture that I'd been asking her for since day 3 and a half. Thanks Ana! It's going up on my wall!)

Welp that's all I have for today. So until next time, thanks for listening with your eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment