Sunday, October 7, 2012

Plate Full of Words - Me With an Empty Plate?


I know these Plate Full of Words editions are supposed to be about food and such, and this one kind of is, but yes the title is telling the truth. I participated in the taste of DC event this past weekend (Thanks Jaz and Mom for the rides), and I did not buy any food from the event the entire day! Cray cray right? Of course, I blame them for my lack of desire to purchase from the row of restaurants (everything was cash instead of with tickets), but either way I didn't purchase a thing. I did walk away with these lovely samples of tapioca based non-dairy products that actually weren't half bad. The top is a pepper jack flavor and the bottom is cheddar and havarti flavors.




The trio was a lot better than I ever imagined a tapioca-based anything would taste (considering how emesis inducing tapioca pudding is). But that did not make up for otherwise empty plate I endured for the entire event. They had me serving beer for five hours, and I'm pretty sure I'm the quickest cup-filler with the name Jeremie Guy, but aside from that it was at least fun to walk around. Saw an old friend from Towson, though we didn't have a chance to hang out.

Since I didn't eat at the taste, I decided to go to Subway and try their Tuscan chicken melt.


I got it made like the picture they advertise (with some spinach and onion) and it was decent. No where near my favorite sub, but I'm not bad I bought two. No I didn't eat them both sadly. I demonstrated self control and will eat the other on Monday evening. If you want to see the couple other pictures I took at the event, click Here

Still on the job hunt so keep praying. I forgot to give God the glory with my last post, talking about the short story I recently had published, so...TO GOD BE THE GLORY! If you missed the last post but still want to read the story, click Here. It's a horror story called Family Time. Feel free to post any comments or send any feedback. Hope you enjoy. As always thanks for listening with your eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment