Friday, October 5, 2012

Plate Full of Words - TGITuesdays


Started off the weekend of food with some family fun time. Mom had a coupon for Ruby Tuesdays so we decided to see what was cooking. It's been a little over half a decade since I've set foot in a Ruby Tuesdays, but I must say I was not disappointed. Granted, service in a restaurant will vary based on the waitress, but our waitress put up with my stupidity so I give her an A+. She even gave me a lemon just because I forgot to buy some for my daily guacamole consumption.


Now my guacamole can be tangy and awesome just like it should be. I tried to finagle a free refill on my plate, but apparently that only works for drinks. Meh, I tried, and she awarded me with some miniature biscuits  Times are tough, even for restaurants. Picture is grossly enlarged (the biscuits were good, but not bigger around than a silver dollar. 

For the main entree I had Asian glazed salmon with a side of asparagus and spaghetti squash (with a little lemon butter for dipping) which was well worth the 13 buck price tag. Though, I'm not sure why it was Asian glazed because it was just a tangy BBQ sauce. Meh, it was good either way. 


Overall a good day. To make matters even more yummy, I managed to get another short story published. This time it's getting published in Liternational's October issue (as a part of their Santa Claws contest). I entered the "Claws" portion so far, and had my short story "Family Time" accepted. If you want to read it, click Here. As a semi-finalist, I'll be eligible for the contest prize but I won't hear back about that for a while so keep me in your prayers regarding that. 

Still no luck on the job front so keep praying! And as always, thanks for listening with your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment