Sunday, October 21, 2012

Today Everyone Was A Colored Person




So the color run finally happened! It was super packed and super messy, but overall it was a good time. There were a bit over 6000 people running in the 5K, so if I told you I was trying to come in first, things didn't go as well as planned. They released groups of runners in waves of 500 to 1000 people at a time, so I'm not sure who the very first person was, but thank the Lord  I still got a good run. Not sure which wave I actually finished with, but it wasn't competitive so I guess it doesn't really matter. Not sure of my time either so don't ask. Yay to my girlfriend and Ana and Quin (SP?) for finishing as well! Woot team fitness. We taped our shirts with the team name so the color made an outline. Sweet!




The back of Missy's was better looking than mine, but the tape was falling off so we didn't get a good picture of it. Some paint brushed down over my E, but you can still kind of read it says Team Fitness. 

People weren't lying when they say you get paint everywhere! My silver underwear is definitely stained yellow, my socks were pink, and I was definitely blowing rainbows out my nose for a few hours. Luckily all the paint washed off, but I'm tossing the shoes. They were old and moldy and now that they're covered in paint they really aren't worth wearing. Good thing I'm about to get some new ones. Enjoy the pics. Got some nice ones of the event. 


















We hit up a restaurant called ketchup when we were finished and it was decent. They definitely had six different types of ketchup, none of which were very good lol. Guess nothing beats the original. I was going to  do a separate Plate Full of Words entry (cause I know how much you guys and gals adore reading about all the food I eat) but I figured I'll just cram it all onto this. So here are the pictures from the restaurant. Def had a burger they called the king. Was peanut butter and fried banana. Pretty good, but I can feel my stomach's anger. 











We hit up that crazy man out of sand statue after and peeped the peeps store before heading back and getting stuck in traffic. Feeling down from the wait, we got another free redbox and some ice cream to end out the night. Enjoy the pics, comment if you want, and as always thanks for listening with your eyes. 









2 comments:

  1. you got me with your title - my interest was peaked immediately! hope you enjoyed the color run ... i am sure it was a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol just noticed this comment...and haha yeah it was a great time...PS don't hate me, but it's "my interest was 'piqued' immediately".

      Delete