Sunday, September 2, 2012

Onward and Upward



I tend to only post to here during times of change, and following that trend, here I am again.

If you know me you know I've been living in VA with a buddy from AmeriCorps since January. Welp it's time to move again. Where am I headed? To New York City! Just kidding. Maybe one day, but for now i'm heading back to good ol mom's house. Despite not having any money, I'm not moving home because I can't afford living on my own anymore. Nope, this time it's because of a disagreement with the landlord (Petty right).

So unable to find affordable and respectable VA housing, here I come MD. But wait! Life's not perfect! Not only did I switch all of my information over to VA, but now I have VA tags on my car. Time for the yummy good fun of trying to switch everything back. Of course the real heaps of joy won't get dumped onto my face until tax season swings around again. Since I started the year in MD, my first month or so was for MD taxes. But then I switched to VA, and now I'm going back to MD (Anybody who knows more than nothing about taxes feel free to swoop in for the save). Talk about a headache.



In other news, you may also be aware that I'm a fitness instructor at the moment. As much as I love getting people all sweaty just by speaking, it's time for a change. I'm an English Major and by golly it's time I get back to my major roots. I still don't want a boring job, but I still haven't managed to support myself via my creative writing so it may be what I'll have to get. I'm not making the switch because I'm suffering an ego drain, but Grad School is back in my sights. If I plan to get in, I need people to write letters of recommendation. I can't have a bunch of clients give testimonials about how good of a trainer I am, because that has absolutely everything to do with training, and nothing to do with writing. I need some professional folk to voice if I'm competent in the writing industry.



So here's to the start of another journey. Applying for writing/editing jobs, still pushing to get a book published, and hoping my sister's boyfriend doesn't arrive before I leave.

On your mark, get set, and boom goes the dynamite. Well not yet maybe, but that's what I'll say when something I plan actually falls into place. So until then, light the fuse and squint the eyes in preparation for future boom goes thee dynamite.

As always, thanks for listening with your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment