Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The hunt

You know that moment when everything you've worked for in life culminates into one point? Well that's not where I am but I'm close! That point would be when a novel of mine is picked up by a publisher. But until then, I have this. 

Everyone that knows me knows I live to write another day, and it's always been a dream of mine to attain a creative writing job. My career blood hounds got to sniffing and caught the scent of an amazing opportunity. Rifle in hand, I followed the hounds until I came to the application. Applying and sending in my resume, I thumbed back the hammer. They accepted my resume and put me through to the second round of their application process and I looked through the scope. After passing a though-provoking aptitude and personality test, I acquired the target in my sights. 

Now I'm at the moment of truth. Target locked in my scope. Gun loaded. Finger ready. They asked for writing samples and everything falls on if the writing is strong enough. If they like the samples (and are willing to wait for me to relocate), then I shoot. If they don't, my hand catches a severe case of frost bite and falls off, leaving me wondering what could have been if I had only brought gloves. Pray for a warm day! No frost bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment