Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Iowanna Do that 6 (best one yet)

So I missed a whole day of getting online because I was talking to my girlfriend, but it was good. Found out some saddening news, but we got through it and we're stronger for it.

Today in Iowa was long like the lines at the DMV! Had to do a driving test for the vans out here and I passed, but it was mad boring. I feel like that Mr. Daisy black guy that drives around Mrs. Daisy in that movie..."Driving Mrs. Daisy" or some jibber jabber. Being the only black guy in the car, things got a tad bit awkward when they started talking about Roots and how they didn't understand a lot of it. Set em straight though, at least the censored and "white-friendly" version of straight. So now I get to do even more work without more pay, gotta love Americorps (you really do though or you won't have fun).

My team seems a bit cooler today, but they have nothing on my G. Unit squad. We ran things and now that they chopped off our legs by putting us in different teams, we just have to roll things instead. That didn't make any sense but if you're reading this you probably know that most things I say don't make any sense....cause they make dollars!! Try to get that lol.

So I discovered that I'm able to send and receieve video texts! Yay for choppy, skype-like text messages that fall short to the real thing!! Good enough to make me smile and thats all that matters these days.

So blown there's still water in my knee. I feel like my mother and she's like 1000 years old. Great. She passed on her old genes to my young body and now my legs don't work (I soooo want to add a joke about jeans and genes and legs and stuff, but I'll spare you this time). I hope it's all healed by the time physical training, or whatever PT stands for, starts because if I can't even run I think I might get my personal training certification set on fire. Got until Friday so we'll see how that goes.

As if Iowa and Americorps have some divine power to change God's plan for time, days seem to be getting longer here! Egad. Terrible I know. Maybe someone should just come up here and knee chop me a few times so I can get out of meetings on disability or something lol. Just warn me before you burn me.

2 comments:

  1. Woah woah woah, don't blame missing internet time 'cause of talking to me, not cool sir, not cool. Watch me kick your butt next time I see you, lol. And yay for video texts/me introducing you to those, old fart, lol. And seriously...I'm 4 hours away, whenever you want me to come knee chop you or kidnap you in your sleep, just lemme know babe! Free of charge, lol. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol just accept your responsibilities and take it like a champ!!! lol bring your toes! I aint never scared of pretty things so better go have a car or two run them over...

    lol and yea knee chop away...just make sure you wake me up so I can watch you get your knee- choppery on.

    ReplyDelete