Friday, February 18, 2011

Iowanna do that (Part 3)

So on the third day of MDmiss I realized playing soccer and basketball for four hours is generally a bad idea. I don't think I'll be able to walk without a limp for at least a week. Luckily the PT doesn't start up until next Friday. So far the meetings are still sleeping pills but the pill are all cool. Played monopoly yesterday but didn't finish because it got too late. Whodathunkit.
Lol I wonder how many people here think I'm a clown for wearing my pants the way I did the other day. Being a person with sense, I like zippers. These uniform pants use buttons and I didn't see how many buttons since I got dressed in the dark (which I realize is also a bad idea for the most part)I didn't button them up right. So i was walking around with giant gaps in my jimmy region and no one said anything. lol guess the people up here are also a lot quieter than those in MD.
We went grocery shopping yesterday and definately blocked the isles. Again, no one said anything. People are too nice up here. If we didn't see them they would have never made it through. Come on Iowans! Give yourself a voice. However will little tommy eat his lettace if you don't tell the Americorps members that they're in your way?
Oh well, guess patience is a virtue. I'm definately learning that up here. At least I don't have to get up early tomorrow. Looking forward to finally sleeping in.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, aww, that was funny to read, but yeah, after being out in Chicago for a few months, it's what they like to call "A Midwest thing." They're so chill and laid back out here and just not as forward. I mean, where we're from in MD, we're not necessarily mean (like when you think of people in NYC for example, who are just so hussle and bussle) but we are defffinitely not as nice as they are out here. I still haven't really gotten used to it 'cause it's just not my style, haha, but I wish you the best in getting used to it. Maybe you'll be able to help me figure out how to not let it bug me, lol! Miss ya babe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha get a fly swatter...then when it bugs you you can slam it in the face and such....
    and thanks...and thanks for reading =)

    ReplyDelete